Sunday 7 October 2012

A Pinwheel Quilt

The baby's pinwheel quilt is finally finished! 






I'm really happy with how it turned out in the end.  I was so pleased when I found some perfect Leicin Fabric for $5.95 for the backing!  I'd been kicking myself that I didn't buy yardage in the moda fabric I used for the pinwheels but I think the Leicin looks great. 

I also made a pinwheel mobile to go over the change table, it's not quite finished so I won't post pictures until it's up!

We have decided on a name for our baby (stay tuned for that..) so I decided to set it in stone, I would make a personalised baby quilt.  I made one for my niece back in July and I think it's going to be my go to baby gift for anyone I know having a baby!  (Lots of people at the moment!)





Anyway, after I finished it I decided that since it's got apples and apple trees on it and my friend is having a baby called 'Apple'  I would give it to her instead.   I think I'll back it with red. 



No comments:

Post a Comment