Thursday 20 September 2012

A non quilting project.

Much to my husband's surprise, I actually created something that wasn't a quilt!!!

I've decided this year that I'm going to make all of the children in my life a little something.  Since Santa is bringing my kids a toy kitchen I thought the perfect accessory would be aprons.   Yesterday I decided to give one a go and I was rather happy with how it turned out.  I drafted the pattern myself, so there are a few little things I will change when I make the next one. But overall I'm very happy with it.







This week, I also made a burp cloth (yes, 2 non quilting projects in a week!)   I also drafted this one myself.  It's basically 100% quilters cotton on one side and the other is just a good old cloth nappy.   It's to go with the quilt I made for my friend's friend.




And the finished quilt. To be honest, this is my best finished project yet.  The binding and corners are PERFECT and I'm so chuffed with the way it's turned out.






I also finished the bassinet quilt, but I'm not happy with it.  Actually I would probably say I HATE it.  Hopefully the baby's cot quilt turns out better than the bassinet quilt did.

In other news I've been invited to be a part of the Sewing Sisterhood, I'm very honored to be among such a wonderful group of talented ladies.  On the 1st of October they are having a Sewing Showcase.   I won't have anything in the showcase because I don't (yet) have a business.  But, watch this space ;)

1 comment:

  1. Just gorgeous K, the quilt is so lovely and I LOVE the apron! x

    ReplyDelete