Tuesday 11 September 2012

WIP Wednesday: 3 baby quilts on the go!

I currently have 3 projects on the go.  Two for my unborn child (a baby girl), and one a friend has asked me to make for her friend who is due around the same time as me (December).

For our baby girl, pinwheels is the theme we've  I've picked out for her nursery.  I'm not into loads of pink and girlyness so it's fairly gender neutral.

So far I've made about 15 of the 30 pinwheel blocks.  It's taking me a while and I'm using my seam ripper LOADS!

I wanted a vintage sort of feel to her room so I'm using 30's Playtime by Chloe's Closet for Moda




Here are a few of the pinwheel blocks I've made thus far.



The design brief for my friends quilt was basically "I trust your creative instinct, do what you like" which was a bit overwhelming at first (still is actually).  I don't know the friend she is giving it to, so didn't want it too be too girly (she is having a girl).  I picked a kind of zig zag pattern and this is the finished quilt top.




I'm loving the colour! I've decided to do a purple back with scrappy binding.

The third project that is on the go is a cradle quilt for our baby.  I'm thinking of an appliqued circle quilt using Meadow Friends by Deb Strain for Moda (Ever since I've finished Lucille's 1+2 quilt in Deb Strain fabric, I've had a bit of a crush on her fabric lines!!)  



I really can't decide if I should do the circles on a white background or on a patterned background. Or if I should do whole circles or quarter circles sewn into whole circles!  

3 comments:

  1. Loooove the pinwheels & the zig zag quilt. I'm not a vintage/flower fan as I find it a bit busy but I looove these. Well done! I think I've just found some inspiration to give it a go (or add it to my to-do wish list at the very least!).

    ReplyDelete
  2. Loving your Wonky Windows Quilt - very clever lady you are! I would love to have it at my house,...fingers crossed tightly. x

    Diana Comber
    d_story@hotmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am loving the colours in the pinwheel design - so clever!

    ReplyDelete