Sunday 16 September 2012

It's begining to look a lot like Christmas!

I've decided to participated in Blossom Heart Quilts "A Very Merry HST BOF"  I guess you would call it a sew along?  Anyhow, I've decided to participate.  It's something that I've never done before.  This year, I've decided to make a gift for each person and I had decided to make a table runner for my mother in law and although this is supposed to end up as a quilt, I thought that I would make it into a table runner!

So, today I got stuck into the first block 'tinsel'  and here is my end result

It certainly isn't perfect and there is room for improvement, but as it's my first time working with HST's (Half Square Triangles). I'm really happy with it.

The next one is called 'angel' and I'm really looking forward to making it.  Although, I think I'll need to buy some more Christmassy fabric as my stash is very very small.

In other quilts, I've finished the top for the bassinet quilt for the baby.  I took photos as I went so I might do a sort of tutorial. 



No comments:

Post a Comment